Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The myth of Egypt: imagined Egypts
- 2. Divine words: language and myth
- 3. The gods themselves: deities and myth
- 4. The beautiful moment: creation myths
- 5. Black Land, Red Land: the landscapes of myth
- 6. Lord of the Two Lands: myths of nationhood
- 7. The big fight: conflict and reconciliation
- 8. The eyes of heaven: pairs and sequences
- 9. Personal myths: myth and popular religion
- 10. The blessing of the mummy: the mythology of death