Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Geology or biology?
- 2. Ancient reefs and islands
- 3. The architects of a reef
- 4. The resulting structure—a reef
- 5. Microbial and planktonic engines of the reef
- 6. Reef fish and other major predators
- 7. Pressures on reef ecosystems
- 8. Climate change and reefs
- 9. Doing something about it