Six titles have been published online, including a new edition of Medical Ethics: A Very Short Introduction. Find out more:
- Biometrics: A Very Short Introduction, by Michael Fairhurst, considers the capabilities of biometrics-based identity checking and looks at the basic techniques in use today, developments in system design, and emerging technologies.
- Medical Ethics: A Very Short Introduction (new edition), by Michael Dunn and Tony Hope, explores the ethical reasoning used to approach medical ethics and the increasingly important place of medical ethics in the wider social context.
- Modern Architecture: A Very Short Introduction, by Adam Sharr, explores the technical innovations that opened up the cultural and intellectual opportunities for modern architecture to happen.
- The Psychology of Music: A Very Short Introduction, by Elizabeth Hellmuth Margulis, connects the science to larger humanistic questions that are of interest to practicing musicians, music therapists, musicologists, and the general public.
- Typography: A Very Short Introduction, by Paul Luna, offers a broad definition of typography as design for reading, where a set of visual choices are taken to make a written message more accessible, transmittable, significant, or attractive.
- Waves: A Very Short Introduction, by Mike Goldsmith, considers waves of all kinds, their sources, effects, and uses, whilst discussing how wave motion results in a range of phenomena and the importance of understanding wave behaviour.