On Every Page
Every page has the same header, containing useful links and functionality.
In the very top row of the header you will find links to:
- About pages: Telling you what's on the site. Within About you can also find the FAQs - the most frequently asked questions about any aspect of the site.
- News pages: Will let you find out what's new to the site.
- Subscriber Services: Contain information for librarians about managing their subscriptions.
- Take a Tour: Will help you find a tour to walk you through every aspect of the site, and provide a way of showing the benefits of using the site to others.
- Contact Us: For details, comments and queries for OUP.
- Help: These help pages.
- Personal Profile features: See the Personalization page for more information.
In the middle of the header you will find:
- The Very Short Introductions title is a link back to the home page.
- The Quick Search box – type a word, phrase, or title of a VSI and hit the return key or click on the magnifying glass next to the search box.
In the bottom blue row of the header you will find:
- Browse by subject
- Click on the triangle to open the subject browse panel, to reveal all the subjects covered by VSIs online.
- Click a subject to show all the books on that topic.
- See all the VSIs by choosing Browse All, at the bottom right of the subject browse panel.
- Close the subject browse panel by clicking on the X at the bottom right.
- My content shows all the pages you have looked at recently, and My Searches shows all the searches you have run recently. Click on either to see the lists.
- Click on an entry in one of those lists and you are returned to that content.
- See the Personalization section to read more about saving those lists.
And at the very bottom is the Oxford Index Underbar. This is a gateway to more Oxford content -- books, journal articles, articles in reference works -- that is relevant to the page you are looking at. Find out more about the Oxford Index.
- Click on the triangle by Show related links and the bar will expand to show you some suggested content; click on a title to find out more about that item on the Oxford Index.
- See all related content takes you to the complete list of related content in the Oxford Index.
- Close the underbar by clicking Hide related links.