Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The origins of writing in Egypt
- 2. Hieroglyphic script and Egyptian language
- 3. Hieroglyphs and art
‘I know you, I know your names’ Coffin Texts, Spell 407
- 5. Scribes and everyday writing
- 6. The decipherment of Egyptian
- 7. Hieroglyphs in the modern world