Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The scholar and the devotee
- 2. Revelation and the transmission of knowledge
- 3. Understanding the self
- 4. Divine heroes: the epic tradition
- 5. The divine presence
- 6. Hinduism, colonialism, and modernity
- 7. Challenges to Hinduism: women and dalits
- 8. Crossing the black waters: Hinduism beyond India
- 9. Hindu dharma, Hinduism, and hinduisms