Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. A brief history
- 2. What is measurement?
- 3. Measurement in the physical sciences and engineering
- 4. Measurement in the life sciences, medicine, and health
- 5. Measurement in the behavioural sciences
- 6. Measurement in the social sciences, economics, business, and public policy
- 7. Measurement and understanding