Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Introduction: Separate rules for a separate society
- 1. Military command and military discipline
- 2. The arc of civilianization
- 3. Who is subject to trial by court-martial?
- 4. The substantive reach of court-martial jurisdiction
- 5. Command influence, lawful and unlawful
- 6. Conduct unbecoming and all that
- 7. The military judiciary
- 8. Military lawyering
- 9. Military justice in the field
- 10. What about Guantánamo?
- 11. Peering ahead