Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What is multiculturalism?
- 2. Is multiculturalism bad for women?
- 3. Has multiculturalism created ghettos and ‘parallel lives’?
- 4. ‘Integration’, class inequality, and ‘community cohesion’
- 5. National identity, belonging, and the ‘Muslim question’
- Conclusion: Moving on: multiculturalism, interculturalism, and transnationalism in a new global era