Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What is theory?
- 2. What is literature and does it matter?
- 3. Literature and cultural studies
- 4. Language, meaning, and interpretation
- 5. Rhetoric, poetics, and poetry
- 6. Narrative
- 7. Performative language
- 8. Identity, identification, and the subject
- 9. Ethics and aesthetics