Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Vikings then and now
- 2. Early Scandinavian kingdoms
- 3. Pagans and Christians
- 4. Changes in the countryside
- 5. Towns and trade
- 6. Across the ocean: seafaring and overseas expansion
- 7. Settlers in England
- 8. Raiders and traders around the Irish Sea
- 9. Vikings and Picts: genocide or assimilation?
- 10. Landnám in the North Atlantic
- 11. The edge of the world: Greenland and North America
- 12. Reinventing the Vikings