Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- A Very Short Introduction
- 1. A Dispute in Donggo: Fieldwork and Ethnography
- 2. Bee Larvae and Onion Soup: Culture
- 3. A Brief Encounter: Society
- 4. Fernando Seeks a Wife: Sex and Blood
- 5. La Bose Becomes Bakar: Caste, Class, Tribe, Nation
- 6. A Feast in Nuyoo: People and Their Things
- 7. A Drought in Bima: People and Their Gods
- 8. Ñañuu María Gets Hit by Lightning: People and Their Selves