Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Reason and Belief: Richness and diversity in Indian thought
- 2. The Brahmanical Beginnings: Sacrifice, cosmic speculation, oneness
- 3. Renouncing the Household: The Buddha's Middle Way
- 4. Issues and Justifications: Language, grammar, and polemics
- 5. Categories and Method: Vaiśeṣika and Nyāya
- 6. Things and No‐things: Developments in Buddhist thought
- 7. The Witness and the Watched: Yoga and Sāṃkhya
- 8. The Word and the Book: Bhartṛhari, Mīmāṃsā, and Vedānta
- Postscript: From Classical Thought to the Modern Day