Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What is the Old Testament?
- 2. Interpretive strategies
- 3. The Old Testament and history
- 4. The Old Testament and myth
- 5. The Exodus from Egypt: a deep probe
- 6. “Keep my commandments”: biblical law
- 7. “Festivals of the LORD”: ritual in ancient Israel
- 8. Prophets and prophecies
- 9. Hezekiah and Sennacherib: another deep probe
- 10. Poetry and dissent
- 11. “Let us now Praise Famous Men”—and Women
- 12. The Enduring Significance of the Old Testament