Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Archaeology and environment
- 2. The beginning of cities, 3600–2900 BCE
- 3. The Early Dynastic period, 2900–2334 BCE
- 4. The Akkadian Empire, 2334–2193 BCE
- 5. The Third Dynasty of Ur, 2193–2004 BCE
- 6. The Old Assyrian colonies, 1950–1740 BCE
- 7. The Old Babylonian period, 2004–1595 BCE
- 8. The Late Bronze Age, 1595–1155 BCE
- 9. The Neo-Assyrian Empire, 972–612 BCE
- 10. The Neo-Babylonian Empire, 612–539 BCE