Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Confucius (551–479 BCE) and his legacy: An introduction
- 2. The individual and self-cultivation in the teachings of Confucius
- 3. Government in Confucian teachings
- 4. Variety within early Confucianism
- 5. The reorientation of the Confucian tradition after 1000 CE: The teachings of Neo-Confucianism
- 6. Confucianism in practice
- Epilogue: Confucianism in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries