Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. A multilingual world
- 2. The causes of multilingualism
- 3. Multilingualism, myth, and controversies
- 4. People, language, and dangerous things
- 5. Individual multilingualism: one mind, many languages
- 6. Politics, language, and the state
- 7. Identity and culture
- 8. Lingua franca, hybrids, and constructed languages
- 9. Endangered languages