Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Numbers and algebra
- 2. The laws of algebra
- 3. Linear equations and inequalities
- 4. Quadratic equations
- 5. The algebra of polynomials and cubic equations
- 6. Algebra and the arithmetic of remainders
- 7. Introduction to matrices
- 8. Matrices and groups
- 9. Determinants and matrices
- 10. Vector spaces