Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The ‘stuff’ of computing
- 2. Computational artefacts
- 3. Algorithmic thinking
- 4. The art, science, and engineering of programming
- 5. The discipline of computer architecture
- 6. Heuristic computing
- 7. Computational thinking
- Epilogue: is computer science a universal science?