Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Darwin’s other big idea
- 2. Mating systems, or who goes with whom, and for how long
- 3. Choosing from the field of competitors
- 4. Sex roles and stereotypes
- 5. Sexual selection after mating
- 6. Sexual conflict
- 7. How sex makes species survive
- 8. Conclusions, and where to from here