Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Rethinking prehistory
- 2. The history of prehistory
- 3. In the beginning—African origins and global movements
- 4. The long-term history of Europe and Asia
- 5. Continental fusion—connections across Europe, Asia, and Africa
- 6. New worlds—the Americas, Australia, and the Pacific
- 7. Final thoughts