Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The processes of evolution
- 3. The evidence for evolution: similarities and differences between organisms
- 4. The evidence for evolution: patterns in time and space
- 5. Adaptation and natural selection
- 6. The formation and divergence of species
- 7. Some difficult problems
- 8. Afterword