Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Introduction to Africa and its politics
- 2. Pre-colonial political systems and colonialism
- 3. The transfer of power and the colonial legacy
- 4. The primacy of patronage politics
- 5. Women in African politics
- 6. The role of identity in African politics
- 7. The military in African politics
- 8. Democracy in Africa
- 9. Africa’s international relations