Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What the EU is for
- 2. How the EU was made
- 3. How the EU is governed
- 4. Single market, single currency
- 5. Agriculture, regions, budget: conflicts over who gets what
- 6. Social policy, environmental policy
- 7. ‘An area of freedom, security and justice’
- 8. A great civilian power … and more—or less?
- 9. The EU and the rest of Europe
- 10. The EU in the world
- 11. Much accomplished … but what next?