Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What are viruses?
- 2. Viruses are everywhere
- 3. Kill or be killed
- 4. Emerging virus infections: Vertebrate-Transmitted Viruses
- 5. Emerging virus infections: Arthropod-Transmitted Viruses
- 6. Epidemics and pandemics
- 7. Persistent viruses
- 8. Tumour viruses
- 9. Turning the tables
- 10. Viruses past, present, and future