Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Adolescence as a life stage
- 2. Puberty—body and brain changes
- 3. Formal operational thought, moral development, and identity
- 4. Relationship changes—parents and peers
- 5. Youth culture—leisure pursuits and the cyberworld
- 6. Risk-taking, antisocial behaviour, and delinquency
- 7. Internalizing disorders and adolescent mental health
- 8. Sexual and romantic development, early parenthood, and emerging adulthood