Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Introduction: Endings and Beginnings
- 1. Literary origins
- 2. Textual production and performance
- 3. Literary spaces, literary identities
- 4. Individual and community
- 5. The mighty and the monstrous
- 6. Love and longing
- 7. Death and judgement
- 8. Consolidating literary traditions
- 9. Coda: print and the canon