Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The inter-war years
- 2. World War II begins
- 3. War in the West: 1940
- 4. Barbarossa: the German invasion of the Soviet Union
- 5. Japan expands its war with China
- 6. The turning tide: autumn 1942–spring 1944
- 7. Developments on the home front and in technical and medical fields
- 8. Allied victory, 1944–5