You will need to have access through an institution in order to use all the features available on the site, and read the full text of each book. Librarians can find out how to subscribe and faculty, students, and researchers can complete our librarian recommendation form.
- Use the quick search box to find VSIs by title or by topic, or just to search for a word or phrase anywhere in all VSIs.
- Or browse by subject.
- Your results list has two tabs:BOOKS results are each a complete VSI; CHAPTERS results are particular chapters in VSIs.
- The best results will be at the top of the results list.
- A book result shows you the all the contents of a VSI, so you can start in at chapter 1, or choose to go to a specific page.
- A chapter result shows you that complete chapter in full.
Find out more
Use the headings on the left to navigate around this help text.
If you don't find what you need here, please consult:
- Subscriber services: information for librarians about setting up, accessing the site, managing your access, and getting help if you have a problem;
- FAQs about using the site; and
- Contact us if you need to get in touch with OUP.