Oxford University Press is delighted to announce that the popular Very Short Introductions series is now available in an easily discoverable, fully cross-searchable, and highly accessible online platform, available via institutional subscription.
Very Short Introductions are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly, providing an intelligent and serious introduction to a diverse range of subject areas, from Climate to Consciousness, Game Theory to Ancient Warfare, Privacy to Islamic History, Economics to Literary Theory. Written by experts in the field, Very Short Introductions combine facts, analysis, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make often challenging topics highly readable.
Launching with over 350 titles, this exciting new online resource is set to grow, and will be updated regularly with the newest titles in the series. Through the Oxford Index, a free search and discovery tool from Oxford University Press, Very Short Introductions can now be found directly alongside reference, biography, bibliography, monograph, dictionary, scholarly, and journal content, allowing them to become a more integrated and accessible part of digital research journeys.
If you are a librarian find out how to subscribe, or if you are a student or academic complete our librarian recommendation form to recommend Very Short Introductions to your librarian for an institutional free trial.
Discover more about Very Short Introductions:
- Information on the subjects available, including links to free chapters
- How this resource can benefit users and librarians
- Helpful resources for authors
- How to keep up to date with the latest news
- Find out how to use the site with our online tour, help pages, or Frequently Asked Questions
- Discover blog posts written by our authors, engage with us through the official Facebook page, watch author videos, and discover reading guides