Explore the newest books published to Very Short Introductions online this month.
- Applied Mathematics: A Very Short Introduction, by Alain Goriely, introduces the field of applied mathematics and explores its relationships with pure mathematics, science, and engineering.
- The Hellenistic Age: A Very Short Introduction, by Peter Thonemann, opens up the history and culture of the vast Hellenistic world, from the death of Alexander the Great to the Roman conquest of the Ptolemaic kingdom.
- Organized Crime: A Very Short Introduction, by Georgios A Antonopoulos and Georgios Papanicolaou, examines the people involved and questions whether the term ‘organized’ is used to evoke the image of a legitimate organization.
- Philosophy of Religion: A Very Short Introduction, by Tim Bayne, introduces the field of philosophy of religion, and engages with some of the most burning questions that philosophers discuss.
- Veterinary Science: A Very Short Introduction, by James Yeates, introduces the field of veterinary science, covering the history of its scientific and clinical aspects from early practices to recent challenges.