Find out which introductions have been published online to Very Short Introductions this month:
- African Politics: A Very Short Introduction, by Ian Taylor, explores how politics is practised on the African continent, providing an overview of the different states and their systems.
- The History of Childhood: A Very Short Introduction, by James Marten, describes the differing experiences of childhood, focusing on conflict, change, war, reform, and the issues and conditions that have shaped childhood throughout history.
- Saints: A Very Short Introduction, by Simon Yarrow, looks at the origins, ideas, and definitions of sainthood, sanctity, and saints in the early Church, tracing their development in history and explaining their social roles.
- Sociology: A Very Short Introduction (new edition), by Steve Bruce, explores the tension between the individual’s place in society and society’s role in shaping the individual, and shows the value of sociology for understanding the modern world.
- The Vikings: A Very Short Introduction (revised edition), by Julian D. Richards, reveals the history, society, and culture of the Vikings, and their expansion overseas for trade, colonization, and plunder.