Six Introductions have been published this month, including one new edition. Find out more:
- Country Music: A Very Short Introduction, by Richard Carlin, presents an overview of country music and its impact on American culture; from popular culture to politics, it has provided a soundtrack to national life.
- Energy Systems: A Very Short Introduction, by Nick Jenkins, explores our historic exploitation of fossil energy resources and examines the role of renewable energy systems currently available.
- Federalism: A Very Short Introduction, by Mark J. Rozell and Clyde Wilcox, provides a concise overview of the principles and operations of federalism from its origins to the constitutional decisions that have defined its framework.
- The French Revolution: A Very Short Introduction (new edition), by William Doyle, chronicles the unfolding events of the French Revolution and explores why it happened, and what factors led to the initial outburst of violence.
- Philosophy of Biology: A Very Short Introduction, by Samir Okasha, outlines the core issues with which contemporary philosophers of biology grapple, encompassing areas where biology has impinged on traditional philosophical questions.
- Tides: A Very Short Introduction, by David George Bowers and Emyr Martyn Roberts, blends clear explanations of well-known tidal phenomena with recent insights into the dynamics of the deep ocean and coastal seas.