Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Introduction: whose Renaissance? whose art?
- 2. The art of the altarpiece
- 3. Story-telling in Renaissance art
- 4. The challenge of nature and the antique
- 5. Portraiture and the rise of ‘Renaissance man’
- 6. Did women have a Renaissance?
- 7. Objects and images for the domestic sphere
- 8. The story of a square: art and urbanism in Florence
- 9. Michelangelo: the birth of the artist and of art history