Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The Bible in the Modern World: Classic or Sacred Text?
- 2. How the Bible was Written
- 3. The Making of the Bible
- 4. The Bible in the World of the Believers
- 5. The Bible and its Critics
- 6. The Bible in the Post-Colonial World
- 7. The Bible in High and Popular Culture
- 8. The Bible in Politics
- 9. Conclusion