Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Validity: What Follows from What?
- 2. Truth Functions – or Not?
- 3. Names and Quantifiers: Is Nothing Something?
- 4. Descriptions and Existence: Did the Greeks Worship Zeus?
- 5. Self‐Reference: What is this Chapter About?
- 6. Necessity and Possibility: What Will be Must be?
- 7. Conditionals: What's in an If?
- 8. The Future and the Past: Is Time Real?
- 9. Identity and Change: Is Anything Ever the Same?
- 10. Vagueness: How do you Stop Sliding down a Slippery Slope?
- 11. Probability: The Strange Case of the Missing Reference Class
- 12. Inverse Probability: You can't be Indifferent About it! Logic Inverse Probability
- 13. Decision Theory: Great Expectations Logic Decision Theory
- 14. A Little History and Some Further Reading Logic History and Further Reading