Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Microscopy and the discovery of a new world
- 2. A spectrum of microscopies
- 3. Light microscopy—from Abbe to superresolution
- 4. Identifying what we see
- 5. Electron microscopy and the dawn of atomic resolution
- 6. The electron microscopy of surfaces
- 7. Magnification by other routes
- 8. The impact of microscopy