Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Who was Leibniz?
- 2. Characteristica universalis, logical calculus, and mathematics
- 3. Encyclopaedia, scientia generalis, and the academies of sciences
- 4. Possible worlds and fundamental principles
- 5. Complete-concept theory, theory of truth, and theory of knowledge
- 6. The best of all possible worlds and Leibniz’s theodicy
- 7. What is ultimately real—unity and activity
- 8. Monads
- 9. Monads, corporeal substances, and bodies