- List of illustrations
- List of tables
- 1. Demography is destiny … or not
- 2. From 55,000 to 7 billion
- 3. The fathers of demographic thought
- 4. The entrance of statistics and mathematical models
- 5. The drivers
- 6. The demographic transition—centrepiece of demography
- 7. A demographer’s toolbox
- 8. Population pyramids and projections
- 9. Sub-disciplines arise
- 10. Population policies and future challenges
- Further reading
Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.