- List of illustrations
- 1. The Old Babylonian period: (<i>c.</i>1880–1595 BC)
- 2. Babylonian society through the perspective of Hammurabi’s Laws
- 3. Old Babylonian cities
- 4. The Kassites: (<i>c.</i>1570–1155 BC)
- 5. Writing, scribes, and literature
- 6. The long interlude: (12th century to 7th century BC)
- 7. The Neo-Babylonian empire: (626–539 BC)
- 8. Nebuchadnezzar’s Babylon
- 9. Babylonia in later ages: (6th century BC to 2nd century AD)
- Chronology of major events, periods, and rulers
- Kinglists (main Babylonian periods; reigns dated from first full regnal year)
- Further reading
Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.