Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What’s so funny ‘bout applied mathematics? Modelling, theory, and methods
- 2. Do you want to know a secret? Turkeys, giants, and atomic bombs
- 3. Do you believe in models? Simplicity and complexity
- 4. Do you know the way to solve equations? Spinning tops and chaotic rabbits
- 5. What’s the frequency, Kenneth? Waves, quakes, and solitons
- 6. Can you picture that? X‐rays, DNA, and photos
- 7. Mathematics, what is it good for? Quaternions, knots, and more DNA
- 8. Where are we going? Networks and the brain