Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Meeting Mary: the surprising virgin
- 2. Mary in the New Testament, history, and earliest Christianity
- 3. Mary after the Gospels: new stories and evolving doctrine
- 4. Mary the goddess?
- 5. Eastern Mary—Byzantium and Islam
- 6. Empress of heaven and hell: Mary in the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- 7. Modern Mary—Reformation to the present