Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The roots of biochemistry
- 2. Water, lipids, and carbohydrates
- 3. Proteins: nature’s nano-machines
- 4. Nucleic acids: life’s blueprints
- 5. Powering a cell: bioenergetics
- 6. Manufacturing and maintaining DNA
- 7. Following biochemistry within the cell
- 8. Biotechnology and synthetic biology