Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Zola and the art of fiction
- 2. Before the Rougon-Macquart
- 3. The fat and the thin: The Belly of Paris
- 4. ‘A work of truth’: L’Assommoir
- 5. The man-eater: Nana
- 6. The dream machine: The Ladies’ Paradise
- 7. Down the mine: Germinal
- 8. The Great Mother: Earth
- 9. After the Rougon-Macquart