Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Introduction: montage
- Chapter 1 Subaltern knowledges
- Chapter 2 Colonialisms, decolonization, decoloniality
- Chapter 3 Slavery, race, caste
- Chapter 4 History and power, from below and above
- Chapter 5 Nomads, nation-states, borders
- Chapter 6 Hybridity
- Chapter 7 The ambivalence of the veil
- Chapter 8 Gender, queering, and feminism in a postcolonial context
- Chapter 9 Globalization from a postcolonial perspective
- Chapter 10 Ecology and indigeneity
- Chapter 11 Translation