Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. The power of competition
- 2. Markets
- 3. The goals and scope of competition and antitrust laws
- 4. What is the optimal level of enforcement?
- 5. The legal framework
- 6. Who enforces the law?
- 7. The fight against cartels
- 8. Horizontal and vertical agreements
- 9. Monopolies and the abuse of market power
- 10. Mergers and acquisitions
- 11. The international dimension
- Final reflections