Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Looking at rights
- 2. The historical development of international human rights
- 3. Human rights foreign policy and the role of the United Nations
- 4. The international crime of torture
- 5. Legitimate restrictions on freedom
- 6. Balancing rights – the issue of privacy
- 7. Food, education, health, housing, and work
- 8. Discrimination and equality
- 9. The death penalty
- Final remarks