Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Introduction: what is humanism?
- 1. History of humanism
- 2. Arguments for the existence of God
- 3. An argument against the existence of God
- 4. Humanism and morality
- 5. Humanism and secularism
- 6. Humanism and moral and religious education
- 7. The meaning of life
- 8. Humanist ceremonies