Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Introduction: what is children's literature?
- 1. An outline history of publishing for children in English
- 2. Why and how are children's books studied?
- 3. Transforming the texts of childhood
- 4. Genres and generations – the case of the family story
- 5. Visions of the future
- 6. Ethical debates in children's literature