Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Historical development
- 2. The nature of Islamic law
- 3. Theory, scope, and practice
- 4. Family law
- 5. Law of inheritance
- 6. Law of financial transactions
- 7. Penal law
- 8. International law (al-siyar)
- 9. Administration of justice
- 10. The future of Islamic law